Veröffentlicht Thu, 24 Feb 2022 10:46:55 GMT von Marc Wilmington Technical Architect
I have DW7.3 On Prem installed in a customer environment.
They have purchased the Read Only license pack but I cannot see how to get users to login using this license.
I have tried usingggggggg: http://server name/DocuWare/PlatformRO/WebClient/ but i keep getting redirected to a login screen.
Does anyone kno how I associate users toth RO license?

Thanks

Marc
Veröffentlicht Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:22:15 GMT von Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Marc,&nbsp;<br> <br> this is correct behaviour. When a User logs in using the PlatformRO URL, this session will not use a license.<br> You can verify this by looking at the current sessions in the Administration Tool.&nbsp;<br> <br> You do not need to associate a user to an "RO license" - there are no "RO licenses", every user can logon with PlatformRO without having a license assigned. They still need a user account in DocuWare.<br> <br> No matter if you use Platform or PlatformRO, you will always be redirected to /DocuWare/Identity/Account/Login for login.<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,&nbsp;<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
Veröffentlicht Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:31:36 GMT von Marc Wilmington Technical Architect
Thanks Simon<br> <br> I'm a bit confused now, why have an RO license if users still need a license in DocuWare&lt; or am i missing something simple?<br> <br> In my customer environment we have non DocuWare users that need to access a specific URL without needing any credentials, I was under the impression that Read Only licenses covered that.<br> Is that not possible?<br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Marc
Veröffentlicht Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:34:06 GMT von Marc Wilmington Technical Architect
Sorry ignore that, ive just re-read it, so I guess I need to associate 1 user to this url but with user credentials in front?<br> Does that mean i need to encode the url?<br> Ideally I need it to not be<br> <br> <br> Cheers<br> <br> <br> Marc<br> &nbsp;
Veröffentlicht Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:44:29 GMT von Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Marc,&nbsp;<br> <br> a user account is not automatically a license.<br> Example: You bought DocuWare Professional Server with 18 Licenses and RO.<br> <br> No matter how many licenses you have, you can always create an endless number of user accounts in DocuWare.<br> In the Administration Tool, you can assign your 18 named licenses to users, or convert 4 named licenses to a single concurrent license (and back).<br> <br> A user without assigned license can not log on using the Platform and will receive an error message "No license found for user XY". However, they can log on to PlatformRO without problems.<br> <br> Everyone still has their own user, but they do not need a license assigned to use RO.<br> <br> If you want people to use one user without needing credentials and RO, you need to use the guest user function.&nbsp;<br> This is disabled by default. Please check the KB and/or help.docuware.com to find out more about that.&nbsp;<br> <br> Hope this helps.&nbsp;<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,&nbsp;<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.