Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2019 17:52:55 GMT by Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

We are having a weird issue where no workflows will start. If I restart the workflow and background services then all the workflows that should have started all start.... I have to do this at least once a week. I will get a call from internal employees saying they are storing documents but no workflows are starting.. I have the install pack DW7_2018-12-07 installed.

Has anyone ran into this?

Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:01:08 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
I'm assuming Workflow Manager. Are the workflows triggered by storing a new document or by an Instant AutoIndex process?
Also, some history is needed. When did this behavior start, since it could not have been happening since day one. Any thing done on the system maintenance wise? Try and establish some event around the time this problem started.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:07:00 GMT by Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Workflow manager. Triggered on new documents only. No AutoInex process. This actually started when we upgraded to version 7 from 6.12. I wasn't aware of it until this week. We updated to version 7 about a month ago. I thought maybe it was the version I was on so I applied the update hotfix and it didn't fix it.

Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:14:22 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Ok. Good. A couple of things:

1. Apply the latest DW7 update: http://go.docuware.com/download-dw7

2. Run the DocuWare Message Bus Administrator and clear the bus, then tie the bus to the physical NIC IP Address instead of the default.
(DocuWare.MessageBusAdministration.exe in the DocuWare Power Tools folder.)

3. Cross fingers.

If all else fails, enter a Support Request as there may be a deeper problem. We may need to tweak some indexes in the database as the events may be getting held up there.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Amercas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.