Posted Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:38:21 GMT by Alain Steiner SAE
Hello, 
I would like to use DocuWare import jobs folder to manage .xml metadata. (Created via Kofax AutoStore)
I am not able to find the right settings to do it working.
In attachement, what I did until now but without success.
Thanks a lot for your inputs
Regards
Alain
Posted Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:40:03 GMT by Christopher Nicoli Project Manager-Sr Systems Engineer
if you are using Kofax Autostore you do not need to use the xml meta data with an import job. AutoStore has a DocuWare connector that can be utilized to index directly on the screen and then store directly to file cabinet.
Posted Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:53:48 GMT by Alain Steiner SAE
Hello Christopher, 
I forgot to specify that I use DocuWare Cloud.
Is the DocuWare connector compatible with the Cloud version? 
Regards
Alain
Posted Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:07:17 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Alain, 

the metadata file may not end with .xml - instead, the file ending needs to be .dwcontrol
So your test file would be named 
style-guide-fr.dwcontrol

DocuWare import ignores other file endings, including .xml, when looking for metadata files.
Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany, 
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Posted Thu, 23 Apr 2020 20:18:37 GMT by Christopher Nicoli Project Manager-Sr Systems Engineer
i believe it is compatible with cloud
Posted Fri, 24 Apr 2020 06:09:16 GMT by Alain Steiner SAE

Hello Simon,

It is processing now!
I did the change you suggest => .xml to .dwcontrol

And I also change the settings in the Document processing :

Identify document corresponding to dwcontrol file:

• by their file names  (selected)

In AutoStore, the “XML Generator” is not compatible. This component seems only able to send .xml as metadata =>
I use the “Document Writer “ component to create the “.xml” with the relevant RRT and change the extension to .dwcontrol.

@ Christopher

I try to use the “Docuware connector” but without success. I am not able to connect...

In the AutoStore help, I found:

Restrictions and limitations
This component works with the DocuWare server version 5.1b, 5.1c, 6, and 6.1 – 6.9.
and no mention of the Docuware Could version.

If anybody have exprience with that I will appreciate
Regards
Alain

Posted Fri, 24 Apr 2020 16:13:06 GMT by Christopher Nicoli Project Manager-Sr Systems Engineer
their help is poorly updated..i'll test it on my end to see if i can get it to work.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.