How to Create an IIS application pool in 32-bit mode
If the computer on which you installed Web Client Server is a Windows 2008/Windows Vista/Windows7 system with IIS7 (Internet Information Services), you can set up several IIS applications and specify in each case whether the application is 32-bit or 64-bit. This gives you the option to make websites available which are based on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
See below for how to set up an application in 32-bit mode in IIS:
- In IIS7 Manager, right-click in the tree structure on Application Pool and select the Add Application Pool entry from the context menu.
- Give the application pool a name, select .NET Framework Version 2 and enter Classic as the Manage Pipeline Mode.
- The new application pool is now contained in the list of application pools. Right-click on the new application pool and select Advanced Settings from the context menu.
- Set the Enable 32-bit Applications option to true.
- Now go back to the tree structure and navigate to DocuWare Web Client (by default under the name DWWebClient). Right-click to open the context menu and select Manage Application à Advanced Settings.
- Select the new application pool you just created.