Does DocuWare provide updates for Apache Tomcat?
No, but with the following instructions you can update your Apache Tomcat manually.
How to figure out which Tomcat version you are using:
- Open a command line.
(Windows-Key + R, type "cmd.exe")
- Change the directory to the Fulltext Server directory.
(e. g. cd C:\Program Files\DocuWare\Fulltext-Server (x64))
- Run following command:
java.exe -cp lib\catalina.jar org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo
- Stop the Fulltext Server.
- Create a backup of the webapps folder.
- Create a bakcup of the server.xml file (you can find this in the conf folder).
- Run the uninstalldwtomcat.cmd which you can find in the Fulltext directory.
- Download the latest version of Apache Tomcat (https://tomcat.apache.org).
- Copy the downloaded files to the Fulltext directory.
Do not delete the .cmd files!
- Restore the webapps backup from step 5.
- Replace the server.xml file in the subfolder conf with the backup from step 6.
- Execute the file installdwtomcat.cmd to install the new version of Tomcat.
- Start the Fulltext-Server.
- To now see your current version repeat steps 1 to 3: