Publié Thu, 28 Feb 2019 11:08:16 GMT par Andreas Ruttkamp

I have deinstalled dw 6.12 on an machine and wish to install a fresh dw 7.

But... setup offers only "update" or "deinstall" ... New system isn´t available.

Are there an option to start setup in an "install" mode to install dw 7 anyway ?

Publié Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:19:25 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

make sure after the uninstall, that you delete the docuware folders at installation path.

C:\Program Files x86\Docuware

Also go to %localappdata% and %programdata% and make sure to delete docuware folders in these locations. After this, try running 

Publié Thu, 28 Feb 2019 17:54:55 GMT par Tim Ohm

Check the windows installer cache for any DocuWare MSIs.  It is a hidden folder, even with 'show hidden folders' enabled, so go there manually - C:\Windows\Installer.  You'll want to add the author and comment columns to find useful files.  It could be something is still stuck ... so right click on the MSIs and choose uninstall.  Not sure if that is the issue, but worth checking.

Publié Thu, 28 Feb 2019 18:01:30 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Easiest is to find the Microsoft Installer cleanup tool. I found it a few weeks ago. Run that and remove any DocuWare msi's (just an easier way to do what Tim said).

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Fri, 01 Mar 2019 07:08:45 GMT par Andreas Ruttkamp

thanks Phil,

all docuware msi´s are removed... the only one which ist shown is the docuware 7.0 installer....
i´ve contacted support and now they have all logfiles and must search ....

it´s tricky ;-)

Publié Fri, 01 Mar 2019 07:44:29 GMT par Andreas Ruttkamp

thanks Phil,

all docuware msi´s are removed... the only one which ist shown is the docuware 7.0 installer....
i´ve contacted support and now they have all logfiles and must search ....

it´s tricky ;-)

Publié Wed, 13 Mar 2019 20:41:32 GMT par Matthew Trembly Software Support Manager
Run the Microsoft Install/Uninstall repair troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Download and run the Fixit for "Uninstalling" and remove any DocuWare items that are still there after the uninstall (see pic for how they will appear).

You must be signed in to post in this forum.