Publié Mon, 01 Apr 2024 15:31:49 GMT par Jon Sproule OE Canada Inc. Content Management Consultant
I'm trying to set up a field mask to automatically format the auto-indexing or user input. For example a phone number entered as 5555555555 would automatically reformat to 555-555-5555. I would also like to be able to remove any existing formatting to force it to the mask. For example (555)555-5555 would switch to the previously mentioned format. I can figure out how to create an error condition that asks the user to reenter based on my criteria, but this is a poor user experience and auto formatting makes more sense. I've done several searches and am unable to find an answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Publié Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:23:26 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Jon,

the field mask does exactly what you described. It forces the user to input a value in a specific format.
If you want the value to be auto formatted in DocuWare, it has to be done after the user input by using a workflow "assign data" step.
Live update in a dialog is currently not a feature, but you may request it over at Uservoice.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publié Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:54:53 GMT par Jon Sproule OE Canada Inc. Content Management Consultant
Thank you for the reply. Hopefully full functionality is added in a future patch. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.