Publié Thu, 09 Aug 2018 14:19:18 GMT par Josef Zayats

I've been complaining about this issue for a while and hoped it'd be fixed in DW7, but unfortunately it's still there.

The Problem:

When a 'Select List Only' is used in a store or Index dialog, and associated select lists are either fixed or external to a file connection - then these select lists are Case Sensitive (If Default or external to database connection select list is used the behaviour is as expected, case-insensitive).

For example if you have a fixed select list with entry 'Invoice' in it and a store dialog DocType field is configured to use this Select List and option 'Select List Only' then stroing a document with DOCTYPE="INVOICE" would produce the 'Value for field DOCTYPE is not from Select Listentry not from select list' error

To me it is a clear bug, not a feature request. Even more strange is that dropdown dynamic select list works as expected: when you type in the field (see above example) "INVOICE" the word 'Invoice' does appears in the dropdown. And yet it would not accept INVOICE when store. But if you create your Select list in a database - with exactly same entries - all of a sudden the case sensitivity goes away.

Docuware, please acknowledge and fix!

Publié Thu, 09 Aug 2018 14:33:56 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Josef,

Sorry for the pain this has caused, but quick question -- everything hasn;t become case-sensitive, has it? Searches are still case-INsensitive, right?

I'm still on 6.11 -- another reason to stay there!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Thu, 09 Aug 2018 14:43:40 GMT par Josef Zayats

But Select lists in store dialog became Case sensitive some time back - I think since version 6.9.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.