Publié Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:43:50 GMT par Sander Helfensteijn
I created a substitution rule for when a user is on a holiday. I added the substitution rule to a list.
In my workflow I added the escalation that when a user is unavailable automatically transfer the task to the second person in the list.
This doesn't work. My employee 'Medewerker' is out of office but he still receives the task. 

I added the printscreens as attachment. 

Anyone an idea?
Publié Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:44:27 GMT par Sander Helfensteijn
I don't know how to add the pictures so I added them as attachment.
Publié Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:09:37 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Sander Helfensteijn,

you are probably assigning the task directly to the user instead of to the substitution rule.
Substitution only works when the task is assigned to a substitution rule, not directly assigned to a user.
Besides that, your configuration looks correct.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publié Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:16:54 GMT par Sander Helfensteijn

Hi Simon,&#160;<br> <br> Thanks for your quick response. Do you mean the substitution rule in the task?<br> <br> I set it up like the following and that doesn't work...: Attached.<br> Is this correct?&#160;

Publié Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:36:41 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Sander, 

no, before the task activity, you are assigning the task to someone, see my example screenshot - there is an "assign to" activity before the task.
This "assign to" activity is currently set to either a user or a group, that is why your substitution rule does not work.

Workflow designer example process

You need to change the "assign to" activity to assign to the substitution rule instead.

The change you did in your screenshot "settings for abscence.png" only reassigns the task after the task due date is reached and does not interact with the substitution.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.