A field cannot be deleted in the DocuWare Administration.
If a field cannot be deleted in the DocuWare Administration, you can delete it in the database. It is recommended to create a backup of the database, before you try to edit the database. Due to the technical complexity of this procedure, do not hesitate to contact the DocuWare Support.
To delete the field in the database you have to edit XML settings. Please keep in mind, that you have to delete the whole section, where you have located the field in the XML settings. Please check for correct XML structure, after you have deleted the field section! To do this follow the instructions below:
- Delete the field column in the file cabinet main table, which you can find in the database DWData.
- Go to the database DWSystem and open the table DWFilecabinet. Note the number from the column FID for the file cabinet, which you want to edit.
- Copy the content of the settings column of the file cabinet to a XML editor. Search for the <Fields> section and delete the whole <UserField> tag, of the field you want to delete.
- Open the table DWFCProfile. Use the FID to find all profiles, which belong to the file cabinet. Copy the content of the settings column of the profiles to a XML editor and search for the <FieldRight> section of the field you want to delete. Delete the whole <FieldRight> section of this field.
- Open the table DWFCSettings. Use the FID to find all file cabinet settings, which belong to the file cabinet. Copy the content of the settings column of the profiles to a XML editor and search for the <DialogField> section of the field you want to delete. Delete the whole <DialogField > section of this field.
- If you did not adapt the variable order number in the dialog settings, you have to open now the DocuWare Administration. Here you have to go to every dialog of the file cabinet and open the option Set field order.
This has to be done for search and store mask, result list and info box. When you open the option you will get the error message Visible fields must have contiguous positions. Press OK and change anything in the fields (e.g. visible/unvisible) to write the new information in the database.
- Now you can open the file cabinet with the DocuWare client again.