By default, a DocuWare Result List is setup to open documents in Ad-Hoc Edit Mode. In this mode when a document is initially opened in read-only mode and is not locked in the File Cabinet. As soon as the user selects an editing tool the document is released and locked for editing. In some cases, you may want to change this.
To edit this option you will need to log into the DocuWare Administration Tool
- Select the File Cabinet you would like to edit
- Select Dialogues then Result Views
- Select the Result View you would like to edit
- Select Viewer Dialogue
- Select the drop down list for Mode
- There are 3 Modes to choose from
- Edit Mode: If a document can be opened in this mode, it can be edited. It is locked for other users in the file cabinet as soon as it is displayed. The lock is removed as soon as the document is closed.
- Ad-Hoc Edit Mode: In this mode the document is initially opened in the read only and is not locked in the file cabinet. As soon as the user selects an editing tool, the document is released for editing and locked in the file cabinet.
- Read Only Mode: If you open a document in the viewer in Read Only Mode, it can be viewed but not edited. No comments and no stamps can be applied.
- Set the Mode you wish to use and select apply
- Have the end users log out and log back into the DocuWare Webclient