DocuWare Local Data Connector needs to be moved to another machine. Local Data Connections are kept on a per machine basis.
These instructions must be followed EXACTLY as shown:
Do not touch the Cloud configurations!
- Open Services.msc on the old machine.
- Stop the DocuWare Local Data Connector Service.
- Install Local Data Connector on the new machine.
- Stop the DocuWare Local Data Connector Service on the new machine.
- Rename C:\ProgramData\DocuWare\LocalDataConnector\Settings.xml from the old machine to the same location on the new machine.
- Start the DocuWare Local Data Connector Service on the new machine.
- Start the DocuWare Local Data Connector application as Administrator on the new machine.
- Enter your DocuWare Credentials.
Note: Unless you are using Windows Authentication, the manually entered and encrypted database password will be unencryptable on the new machine.
- Open each DSN in turn and re-enter the password, connect to the database and reselect the appropriate table.
- Each DSN should then be flagged as OK, and the total number of DSN's should be re-registered in the Cloud.
- Close Local Data Connector Administration.
- Restart the DocuWare Local Data Connector Service on the new machine.
- Run the Local Data Connector Administration applications as Administrator and check that all DSN's get an OK and that they are registered.
- Go to one of the Cloud configurations and edit a configuration. There should be no error, and the sample list should be populated.
If this is the case, check each Select List and Autoindex job to ensure there are no errors. If you get an error, reset the password again for that DSN.