投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:19:04 GMT 、投稿者 Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

I want to move documents from one cabinet to another.  I don't want to copy. Do I use the migration workflow? I tried the export but it just copies the documents over and the option to delete source document is greyed out. Docuware 6.10

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:28:50 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Migration is for migrating documents from one logical disk to another withing a file cabinet.
To move documents between cabinets you will use Export (up to 6.12) or Transfer (7 onward). The option in both modules "Delete source document" should be used to effect a move rather than a copy. Note that the source documents are only deleted after successfully storing them in the target.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:56:38 GMT 、投稿者 Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Phil, but I can't select delete source documents... its greyed out. See attachment.

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/Screenshot%20at%20Oct%2017%2007-55-53.png

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:01:27 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

That's interesting. What version? I'll need to look at that. I am not sure why it is greyed out.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:20:05 GMT 、投稿者 Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:20:59 GMT 、投稿者 Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:24:12 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
My bet is that you have version control enabled on the source cabinet. In this case you cannot delete the source. You also cannot remove version control.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:44:50 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Could it be as simple as not having deletion rights on the source file cabinet? Or do these workflows use an admin account that has all security rights?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:55:30 GMT 、投稿者 Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

It is using Org Admin. Phil is correct, version control is enabled. Phil, after I export, can I just run a deletion workflow on same parameters and get the same results? 

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:08:30 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
Yes and no. I would not trust that every document gets exported. Some may fail for one reason or another, and unless you keep careful track, you may delete documents that you shouldn't. So let's do this with a bit of panache.

1. In the source cabinet create a new numeric field and call it: ORIGDOCID.
2. In the source cabinet create a text field called OKTODELETE.
3. Run a SQL script on the source table to copy the DWDOCID to ORIGDOCID.
4. Create exactly the same field ORIGDOCID in the target cabinet.
5. Run the export workflow ensuring that you map ORIGDOCID to ORIGDOCID.
6. At the completion of the export you now have a reference from Target back to Source.
7. Create an Autoindex workflow, iterating the Target, and matching ORIGDOCID to DWDOCID in the Source.
8. Match first found document and update the OKTODELETE field in the source cabinet with "YES".
9. Create a deletion workflow that deletes document where OKTODELETE = "Yes".

Now you have control and won't lose any documents. You mave have to run the script in 3, for new documents periodically.

Phil

投稿済み Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:20:50 GMT 、投稿者 Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Great Idea. I will do this. Thanks, Phil!

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。