Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2016 17:58:59 GMT by Tim Walsh Solutions Intagrator

I an getting ready to do an upgrade from Fortis 2.5 to 6.9. I ahve a couple o questions if you don't mind.

!) They are using Webflow and it is at ver 2.0. Is there a newer version of Webflow? If so where do I download? I don't see it on the Docuware Products page anywhere.

2) They appear to be using FormIt, but I don't see Fortis Web anywhere on there system. Is that possible to be using FormIt without Fortis Web?

3) Do I need to upgrade FormIt as well if the answer is yes to #2?

There may be a support ticket that was once opend for this client. Consolodated Grain and Barge.

Any info would be helpful.

Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:16:42 GMT by Chad Folts Professional Services Engineer

-

Hi Tim - 

1. Webflow 2.4 is the version they should be using for Fortis 2.5.  The latest version of Webflow is 6.10 which can only be used with Fortis 6.10.  Webflow is now bundled with the Fortis media.

2. FormIt uses its own website and does not rely on Fortis Web.  To see if it is installed, check the Windows Services for a service named Apache Tomcat "FormItWeb" or similar.

3. An upgrade of FormIt to the latest version is recommended but not necessarily required.  It depends on which version they are currently running.

For further questions or more detailed answers, please open a new Support Request through the portal.

-Chad

Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:41:06 GMT by Tim Walsh Solutions Intagrator

Sorry Chad, but I don't see WebhFlow in the media. Does Webflo auto update when you update Web Services?

Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:46:03 GMT by Tim Walsh Solutions Intagrator

I see WebFlow in the media starting in 6.8. Can I upgade Fortis to 6.8 and then run WebFlow execuatable at that time to upgrade it?

Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:56:27 GMT by Chad Folts Professional Services Engineer

Tim - We started bundling Webflow in the Fortis media in version 6.8, previously it was a separate download.  Fortis Web Services and Webflow are independent installs so they will both have to be run manually.

Once you upgrade Fortis to version 6.8, you need to first upgrade Fortis Web Services, then run the Webflow installer from the Fortis 6.8 media.  If you do plan on upgrading to version 6.9 or 6.10, I recommend upgrading Fortis all the way first, then installing Fortis Web Services and Webflow after Fortis has been upgraded.

Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:37:27 GMT by Tim Walsh Solutions Intagrator

One more question. They are running Inflo. Do I need to run the upgrade for Inflow each time? Can I go all the way to 6.9 and then run Inflow Upgrade like Webflow?

Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:52:52 GMT by Chad Folts Professional Services Engineer

Tim - If you plan on upgrading all the way to version 6.9, you can wait to upgrade Inflo after Fortis has been completely upgraded.

Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:37:10 GMT by Tim Walsh Solutions Intagrator

Getting this when upgrading to 6.8

CRCerror: file\\mtv-14fs\imaging\fortis\Programers Reference.pdf doesn't match the file in the setup'scab file.

Do you know what that means?

Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:06:06 GMT by Tim Walsh Solutions Intagrator

I think I got past the last issue. Now I think I need an .idx file for the 6.9 media. How can I get that file? Can you send it to my email address?

Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:33:05 GMT by Chad Folts Professional Services Engineer

Tim - I sent you an email.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.