How can you configure the mobile client and mobile devices?
You can read more about these products in the following links:
You will need the mobile client license, in addition, you also have to enable the dialogs in the Administration tool for mobile usage (image below). The mobile client is designed for retrieving documents, not storing.
DocuWare only has custom mobile applications for Apple iOS and Windows 8.1 mobile devices (with touch screen). All other devices, that can render HTML 5 code will just work, including android mobile devices.
*Note: Windows authentication is not available for mobile applications, you have to use DocuWare authentication method.
Any Device with HTML 5 Browser (Including Android Devices)
Open the browser in your mobile device and type in the URL of the DocuWare server in the following format:
- http://[IP-Address] or [full-domain]/DocuWare/Mobile (E.g.: https://docuware-online.com/DocuWare/Mobile)
- Now, it shows the login page, where you have to enter the user credentials
- Once you have entered the right credentials, you should get the main interface where you can select search dialogs or task list dialogs
- You can download the application from Google Play
- In order to create the connection, you just need to identify yourself in your organization and select the "Mobile apps" in the menu
Apple iOS Mobile Devices
- Download the mobile app from the App Store. There are two versions of the Apple App, one is for the iPhone and the one with the word “Plus” is for the iPad
- There are two parts in mobile app. The configuration part (connection management) and the actual usage of the application. You have to establish or configure a connection and make sure it is activated before you can start using it. The configuration interface for iPhone and iPad app dives are the same. Here is a quick overview
- Sample connection settings (*Note: there is no http:// or https:// before the URL or IP address)
- Once you activated the connection and start the application you should get a list of dialogs, if they have been enabled for mobile usage in the DocuWare Administration tool
Windows 8.x Tablet Touch Screen
- In Windows 8 go to the Microsoft Store
- Search for DocuWare
- Click on Install
- Now start the DocuWare mobile app
- In the setting section you need to enter the DocuWare server URL, you use to enter the platform (E.g.: https://docuware-online.com/DocuWare/Platform/)
- Once you have configured the connection, you should be forwarded to the login page, where you have to enter the user name and password of DocuWare
- Now, you can open search dialogs