Starting with DocuWare 6.5 the Web Client user specific settings e.g. the selected view is saved in the so called local storage of the browser on the client. The supported browsers Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome are saving the local storage by default in the following directories:
- Internet Explorer: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\
- Google Chrome: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\
- Mozilla Firefox: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxx.default\webappstore.sqlite
You want to delete the local storage on many clients, which means additional effort to delete this manually on each client. Is there a central solution?
- Copy the „ClearLocalStorage.html“ file on the DocuWare webserver into directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DocuWare\Web\Root\".
- On a (Test-)Client open the following URL: http://servername/DocuWare/ClearLocalStorage.html
- Adapt the server name in the URL according to your system
- Reload the DocuWare Web Client
After calling the page, all data related to the URL: http://servername/* will be removed from local storage. You can verify, if the local storage was cleared if for example the toolbar of the viewer is not expanded anymore or the color of a text annotation is black again (default). Please bear in mind that you have to open the ClearLocalStorage.html over the same address, like you call the Web Client, for example: