Sometimes it is necessary to check whether a proxy is being used on the computer, as they may block or redirect requests to the DocuWare System.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox then in Firefox go to
Tools > Options > General > Network Proxy > Settings
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome then in Internet Explorer go to
Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings
- If you are having problems with your DocuWare Desktop Connection, check if the system account (Local System) has been set up to use a proxy.
- Download PsTools: https://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx
- Extract the tool PsExec
- Start Internet Explorer as Local System user by this command:
PSEXEC -i -s -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
- After Internet Explorer has started, navigate to DocuWare Settings Service address to check if you can access it:
- If you encounter any issues check if there is a proxy specified. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings
In some cases simply deactivating the proxy isn't enough because it could reappear after a reboot. This is because this setting might be set by a group policy or an external tool. In that case, you have to discover the root cause and resolve it.
Windows authentication in Proxy server environment
Proxy settings for Intelligent Indexing