When attempting to create an import configuration in the DocuWare Desktop Apps, the following error occurs when you select the directory you want to monitor:
"The selected directory is already watched by another import configuration"
This error occurs if another DocuWare user or another Windows user already has an import configuration on the same client that uses the same directory.
There are several ways to fix this problem.
The simplest way would be to login as the Windows user / DocuWare user, which currently uses the directory, and to change the directory or even remove the hole import-configuration.
Another way to fix the problem is to edit the file "hotfolders.xml", where the import job configurations are saved.
To do so, please use the following steps:
- Stop the DocuWare Desktop Service and exit the DocuWare Desktop Apps.
- Locate the file "hotfolders.xml". This can be found up to DocuWare version 6.10 in the AppData directory of the "DocuWare Desktop Service" user:
- Since DocuWare version 6.10, the "hotfolders.xml" is stored in the ProgramData directory:
- Open the "hotfolders.xml" in an editor and search for the directory you want to use. Specify a different directory:
Entry before the change: <Hotfolder>C:\Import\Invoice\</Hotfolder>
Entry after the change: <Hotfolder>C:\Import\Imvoice_old\</Hotfolder>
- Start the DocuWare Desktop Service and the DocuWare Desktop Apps.
- Now you can create a new import configuration with the desired directory.