You receive the following error message after upgrading to DocuWare version 7.3 and are trying to edit a select list;
This is due to an empty parameter in the Select List XML at the database level for MSSQL databases. This solution is for DocuWare On-Premise systems only.
Before Proceeding take a backup of the DWSYSTEM database.
- Select the top 1000 rows for the DWOrganizationSettings database
- Open the settings column xml for the select list that is affected (for my example, I am using the "Select List 6" entry)
- When you open the XML you'll see the tableName parameter has an empty value
- You'll need to update the XML with the correct tableName used for the select list connection. Copy the XML and in a new query tab type the following:
update [dwsystem.[dbo].[DwOrganizationSettings] set settings = 'paste xml here' where setid = 'the setid next to the name of the affected select list'
In this example I've updated the tableName with "marrietta1".
- Execute the query and then refresh your configurations page. You should now be able to edit the previously affected select list without error.
KBA applicable for On-premise Organizations ONLY.