When utilizing a custom password as opposed to it being automatically generated, Intellix v2 installation fails with the following error message;
"Password validation failed. The password does not meet the operating system policy requirements because it is not complex enough. Cannot add the principal 'intellix', because it does not exist or you do not have permission."
To resolve this error, please ensure you are following the default SQL Password Policy and that the following criteria are met:
- Does not contain the account name of the user.
- Is at least eight characters long.
- Contains characters from three of the following four categories:
- Latin uppercase letters (A through Z)
- Latin lowercase letters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters such as: exclamation point (!), dollar sign ($), number sign (#), or percent (%).
Please be aware passwords can be up to 128 characters long. It is recommended to use passwords that are as long and complex as possible.
This KBA is applicable to On-premise Organizations ONLY.