Posted Fri, 19 Jan 2018 19:04:31 GMT by Nick Dominguez IT Manager

I've created a new workflow for managers to approve a document.

The approval task of the workflow changes the "Status" field from "Pending" to "Approved".

The Store Dialog for this Filing Cabinet has a select list that includes Pending and Approved, and user can only use entries from the select list.

The user has restricted permisions:

Can only view this one Document Type.

Display Documents.

Edit index data.

Add annotations.

Set stamps.

Read & Search for Document Type field.

Read, Write, & Modify for Status field.

I'm getting an error saying the user does not have the "Allow new entries" right for the field "Status" when the user attempts to approve the document in the workflow task.

I've verified that there are already documents stored with the statuses of "Pending" and "Approved".

What am I missing?

Thanks.

-Nick

Posted Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:30:06 GMT by Josef Zayats

Nick.

If 'allow new entires' right is not granted to a user, and user tries to store/change index to a value that is not yet present in the File Cabinet (even though it might be on the select list), you'd get this error. What you need is to store a 'placeholder' document that will have Status=Approved and will never be changed, or make sure a document with status=Approved always exists in the FIle Cabinet.

Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2018 16:46:41 GMT by Nick Dominguez IT Manager

The placeholders were already there.

What ended up fixing the issue was giving the user "Search" rights for the Status field. The user already had Read, Write, and Modify; once I added Search I was able to complete the workflow task.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.