Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2019 10:29:08 GMT by Łukasz Góreczny
In my workflow I created rules that for every error occure in workflow, next step is Administartion step.

In this Administration Dialog I want to choose what I want to do, who to assing and which STEP I want to be next

Is there a way to choose next step dynamically ? As admin of workflow I know all of step so I can write the name of step in Dialog and then workflow should go the way I choosed it to go
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:55:37 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Marek,

the Workflow designer can not handle this dynamic assignment you wish. You could either put a text field in the decision where you type the name of the next step, then after the task, you have a lot of condition steps which evaluate if the value you typed into the text field matches a step - if yes, it goes to the step, if not, it evaluates the next step.

The other option would be to have one decision per each step which could be next, and you choose the next step this way.

However, I do not think that this approach is "best-practice" and currently, I fail to see any reason to do this.
The default "General Error"-Task already gives you the options to either repeat the task which failed, continue with the next step or just exit the workflow, usually this is enough for me. In rare cases when I need special error handling, I create such an "error"-Task assigned to the administrator.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.