DocuWare Client cannot be installed. You receive the error message: "Windows Management Instrumentation service is not running. DocuWare Client Setup cannot continue."
Starting DocuWare Web Client ends up with following error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ...at DocuWare.Common.WMI.x42cb286f89f35215.get_Name()…
The WMI control is corrupted.
Repair the WMI control doing following steps:
- Stop all DocuWare Services.
- Open a command prompt Start > run > cmd.
- Stop the service "Windows Management Instrumentation". Type "net stop winmgmt" and confirm with "Y".
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the path C:\windows\system32\wbem and rename the folder "Repository" to e.g. "Repository_old".
- Start the service "Windows Management Instrumentation" again. Type "net start winmgmt".
- Start all DocuWare Services again.
The WMI Service is repaired. The folder "Repository" was recreated automatically. It is not necessary to reboot the server. Delete the folder "Repository_old".
If you are not able to rename the folder "Repository", change the start-type of the service "Windows Management Instrumentation" to "manual" and perform steps 2. - 6. again. Change the starttype back to automatic afterwards.
If the problem persists you may need to repair or reinstall the operating system.