While trying to store via Desktop Apps you get the error message,
"The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to request or increase the SendTimeOut value on the Binding. The Time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."
It might be a timeout related to OCR. Try following steps:
- Stop DocuWare Desktop Apps and DocuWare Desktop Service
- Open the file ...\DocuWare\Desktop\DesktopOcr.settings
- Change the values for these parameter
Please note that these kind of errors indicate that your system has not enough resources to perform the requested operations. We highly recommend to check the system requirements and to add more resources to your system.
Sometimes timeout errors can also be caused by a problem on server side.
Please check following things:
- Open DW Administration
- Go to Web connections > Web connection > Installed modules
- Ensure that the checkbox is ticked for "Settings Service" and "Job Server"
- Check also that the address in "Internal address" is correct and accessible on the DocuWare Server
- Save the changes and restart the Application Pool "DocuWare Job Server App Pool" in IIS Manager
If you still get the timeout error check the JobServer.log. You'll find it either in ...\DocuWare\Web\JobServer\App_Data\Logs or in C:\ProgramData\DocuWare\Logs\
If the URL specified there is not correct, perform following steps:
- Open the file "...\DocuWare\Web\JobServer\Web.config"
- Add following key in section <appSettings>:
<add key="SettingsServiceUrl" value="http://127.0.0.1/DocuWare/Settings/SettingsService.svc"/>
- Save the file
If the URL specified there is correct, perform following steps:
- Open the url in the browser on the server
- Check whether you get an error.