The installation of a HotfixPack is highly recommended for all DocuWare systems. HotfixPacks contain all Hotfixes and HotfixPacks that were released previously.
Before you start – first read completely, then act:
- Do not install former HotfixPacks again, else newer files might be overwritten.
- Confirm Hotfix is not blocked, see here.
- Extract the Hotfix zip file into an empty folder. Result is a new folder with the same name as the Hotfix zip file. It contains a subfolder structure.
- Optionally remove subfolders in case the specific module / server is not installed.
- It is NOT necessary to rename the original files of your installation. This would lead to unexpected system behaviour. You should keep the original files by moving them to a different location (create an own folder).
- You will find a detailled description of the improved program behavior within each Hotfix zip file. It contains an overview of the extracted folder(s) and the location where to copy those folder(s).
- Always make sure you have a up-to-date backup of your installation? This includes documents, databases content and installation files!
- Stop all DocuWare services
- Stop all DocuWare Application Pools using the IIS-Manager:
- ALL folders must be copied to the locations listed in column "Location".
- ALL files need to be replaced. IMPORTANT: Answer all system messages like "There is already a file with same name" with "Copy and replace".
- In case of a distributed installation the Hotfix needs to be installed on other machines as well.
- Edit the file web.config or other file, if advised in the Hotfix description.
- Start the previously stopped Application Pools again.
- Start DocuWare services again.
- Clear browser caches.
- Update the Desktop Apps.