Posted Thu, 29 Mar 2018 20:42:55 GMT by Graham Leggett

Having just had "Connect to Mail" enabled on our Docuware installation, we have just just to use it for the very first time.

Having entered details of our IMAP email address we want to use for Docuware, has has suitable SRV records configured for autodiscovery, we get the message "Not able to establish connection. Please verify your input!".

The mailserver reports that Docuware has successfully connected to it, however something has caused Docuware to believe it has not. Has anyone encountered this issue before and come up with a solution?

If not, does anyone know where I can find a logfile on the Docuware server that will show me the actual error message corresponding to what went wrong? Docuware does not appear to log to the standard Windows event viewer.

Posted Thu, 29 Mar 2018 21:19:30 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Graham,
The possibilities could be endless. Without knowing what you are connecting Connect to Mail to, an answer is quite difficult. The fastest solution for you is to open a Support Request in the Portal, and my Team will get you up and going in no time. Please note Americas and EMEA support are closed on Friday March 30th, but Americas support is available on Monday April 2nd.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Fri, 30 Mar 2018 18:33:27 GMT by Graham Leggett

> The possibilities could be endless

That is not encouraging - I was expecting an explicit error message telling me the one reason that triggered the failure path.

I am connecting to our SSL protected IMAP server. The server logs that Docuware connected to it successfully. Docuware claims it it failed to do so, but gives no details of why (connection refused? timed out? DNS not found? protocol error? SSL error and if so what was it?).

We raised a support ticket yesterday, but no response as yet. Will wait till the holidays are done for that.

Posted Fri, 30 Mar 2018 19:44:50 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Graham,
The logs have to be inspected, the connection settings confirmed in order to find the problem and correct it. It is impossible to know where in the chain the problem lies. So yes there are many possibilities from the information in your first post.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2018 07:20:23 GMT by Graham Leggett

Unfortunately Docuware does not log any message during the setup of Connect to Mail, so your support suggested that a Gmail setup be created which could have the configuration changed through direct access to the database. This bypassed the buggy configuration step and revealed an exception with the Limilabs IMAP client.

I was able to open a support ticket with Limilabs to get a cleared picture of how Docuware should have been using the Limilabs IMAP code, and this led to discovering a bug in Docuware which was in turn being triggered by a bug in Redhat Enteprise Linux's version of the dovecot server.

For people arriving here via Google, the full writeup and workaround is here:

https://www.docuware.com/forum/english-forums/docuware-help-technical-pr...

You must be signed in to post in this forum.