Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2019 08:21:06 GMT by Sabino Civita
Hello,
I'd like to use the search on multiple cabinets, but I think to have a problem on the structure of the two cabinets I have.

I have the same field 'Dossier' on both, but originally, for a typing error, field on first one was created with name 'Nr. dossier' and on the second one with name 'Nr. dosseir'.....

Maybe the only solution to make multiple search working is to create a new field and then with Autoindex transfer values from the wrong one to the right one ??

Or there is a more simple solution ??

Regards
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2019 11:58:55 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Sabino,
the search on muiltiple file cabinets is relying on the column names of the database, so if your column names differ there is no other way then creating a new field and transferring the data from the old field to the new one.

Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:56:09 GMT by Sabino Civita
Hello,
another thing (I already solved issue of different field names)....
I have field DOCUMENT_TYPE in both two cabinets. But it's impossible to have DOCUMENT_TYPE of second cabinet filled in the result window, if the search window in based on the first cabinet.....right ??

Cause there's no chance to have a search window based on more than one cabinet.....
Posted Tue, 04 Feb 2020 09:41:39 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Duplicate

Posted Tue, 04 Feb 2020 09:43:28 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hello,
if you have the same field in both file cabinets, then these fields are merged in the result list. The search is based on one file cabinet, same for the result list, but the content is merged from both file cabinets. If you do not see the content from one file cabinet then the fields do not match.
Regards
Tobias Getz
Director Product

You must be signed in to post in this forum.