Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 15:59:40 GMT by Serhan Polat Gerard Bürokommunikations GmbH DMS Consultant
Hello,

sometimes when working with the DocuWare Workflow Designer, the CPU-usage rises to a high amount (85% and more) as seen in the screenshot below. I only had 2 simple workflows open, nothing too heavy.

The designer gets really laggy and any kind of input is heavily delayed. The only solution is to exit the program, wait for the process to end and restart the program.

This does happen quite often. As for now, I couldn't really see any reason for that to happen.

My specs are:
- Windows 11 Pro x64
- 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB BC711 NVMe SK hynix

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Sincerely,
Serhan Polat
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 17:28:23 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Serhan Polat,

this sometimes happen when the workflow designer has been open for a long time, for example over night or over the weekend.
Seems to be a bug in the tool, but as a simple restart fixes it, it is probably not a development priority. Also, the new Workflow Designer Version will be a website.

If you make sure to always close the application when you are finished with your work or leave for the day, this issue should not occur.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 08:37:09 GMT by Serhan Polat Gerard Bürokommunikations GmbH DMS Consultant
Hello Simon Hellmann,

I always shut down my computer after my shift ends. I rarely let the workflow designer stay open for longer than 3 hours.

About the new version: Is there an ETA of the release date?

Sincerely,
Serhan Polat

You must be signed in to post in this forum.