Posted Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:24:16 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Hey all,

*** NEVER MIND! The file cabinet in question has some custom Profiles, and a new field needs to have various visibilities explicitly turned on. Forgot about that! ***

I just added a new field to a file cabinet, pretty standard stuff. I also moved the field to near the top on all dialogs. The field appears for me.

I am now getting reports that other people cannot see the new field. I have confirmed this on a different workstation. I have cleared browser cache on that machine and tried a different browser entirely -- the field still does not appear.

Is this a MS queuing issue? Do I need to bounce the DocuWare services on the server or something? Just bounce the web site in IIS?

There are no field-level permissions or profiles that I know of in play. Yet if I log into DocuWare (on my machine) using a different account, the new field does not appear in any dialogs where it has been made visible under that other username.

Thanks,
sutekh137

Posted Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:48:33 GMT by Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant
Go to the dialogs and you have to "unhide" them.

When you create a new index field by default they are hidded.

Posted Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:52:50 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Thanks, Michael! 

In this case it was because we have Profiles set up on the file cabinet, and when you add a new field, it is not visible in any way under those Profiles. I was viewing the new field via the default Profile, which does display new fields by default, but I have to explicitly make the field viewable in those other more limited Profiles.

The field had already been made visible and moved to an appropriate location on all dialogs, that's why I could see it.

I actually had the same issue when adding a field to this cabinet about a year ago, but I had forgotten what I learned back then. Been a busy year.  *smile*

Thanks,

sutekh137

You must be signed in to post in this forum.