Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 12:24:40 GMT by Daniel GUINEA
Hello Community,

I am coming to you with a situation :

- I have a client with users who are in mobility (they have to move on sites to sites, physically)
- This implies that they have a lost in internet connectivity, and may be offline for a while
- In this situation, they do receive numerous DocuWare notifications/messages that the service couldn't "No connection to the Platform!", or that "Host unknown" (see for screenshots)

The problem :
- These users, in this offline situation, are spammed with those notifications/messages
- The spam is really annoying to them, it occurs every 30s/1minute and is hindering them in their work on their computer

The question :
- Is there any mean to reduce the rate of those notifications ? Or maybe even a way to stop them temporarily in such a situation ?

My client is using DocuWare 7.5

Thank you if you could have an answer on that, I couldn't find a thing about this for the version 7.5

Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 13:17:26 GMT by Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant

Close the client when leaving an area of connectivity?

Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 13:35:40 GMT by Daniel GUINEA
Hello Michael,

Well that sounds awfully obvious.

Thank you for your insight and have a nice day !
Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 13:54:18 GMT by Michael Ceresia Sales and Support Consultant
Not intended to be that way! But no, I am not aware of a way to silent or turn off those notifications.
Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 14:51:52 GMT by Daniel GUINEA
Michael,

Don't worry I was not sarcastic, it's a good answer.

What was not obvious, was the case a user would be in a construction zone with a random connectivity and would be hindered while trying to use DocuWare in such an environnement.

But in that case, the answer would be that they use the application while in a place where they could work.

Thank you still for your extra information about the application not intended to manage such a situation, so I could answer the user if he insists into having less alerts.

Have a good week end !

You must be signed in to post in this forum.