Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 15:00:51 GMT by George Charisis Presales Consultant
Hello all,

I am dealing with an issue where I want to extract specific values from 2 types of invoices and use them in a workflow in order to make specific calculations.

At first I thought I should use Intelligent Indexing for the extraction but I had 2 issues.
  1. Intelligent indexing has a limit of how many values it can extract and I want to extract more than 25 numeric and 25 text values.
  2. I tried to use a table in order to extract all the values and bypass the limit, but I was unable to find a way to use these values later in the workflow since they are not assigned to a specific metadata field I could use.
After these attempts I thought of using the document processing functionality. This is a static approach but I don't expect the layout of the invoices to change soon.
The problem is that one of these two invoices is more than 100 pages and document processing cannot process documents above this number. 

So the questions are:
  1. Is there a way to configure intelligent indexing to gather more values than the current limit?
  2. Is there a way to use the values from the table in the workflow in order to make calculations? For example, can I store them in variable? 50 values->50 variables.
  3. Can I configure the limit of the 100 pages for the document processing?
  4. If none of the above is configurable, how should I proceed with my case?
Of course, if there are better approaches to this problem, please add them as well.

I am working on a cloud environment.

Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:56:22 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi George Charisis,

1. No, the fields for Intellix are limited.
2. Yes, you can use all values from table fields in workflows, however, that is a bit more complicated than using a normal index field. Check out KBA-37037 which has an example of writing values to a table field, reading works in a similar way.
3. The Ocr Page Limit is defined on client-side in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\DocuWare\Desktop\DocuWare.DesktopService.exe.config. Default is first 25 pages and last 25 pages of the document.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.