Posted Thu, 01 Apr 2021 14:58:59 GMT by Craig Williams President/ CEO
My client has a large system with over 2400 volumes of images. 
We started to get the error "Exceeded quota" when storing to the system . 

A call to tech support had the client turn off the volume limits and it is now storing. 
Tech told them this was a well known issue but I could not find a single reference to it .   

So what is the issue? How do we fix it?
They want to use volumes for easier backup management so how do we get back to the way it has worked?

Posted Thu, 01 Apr 2021 15:00:12 GMT by Craig Williams President/ CEO
The complete error is 403 Forbidden (Operation can not be finished because your quota limit has been reached.)
Posted Mon, 05 Apr 2021 20:39:08 GMT by Eric Nemchik KeeFORCE Architect
I've just had a client submit a ticket to me for this same issue. I have never seen or heard of this issue before today, and I can't find any documentation on it.
Posted Tue, 06 Apr 2021 17:54:24 GMT by Craig Williams President/ CEO
I have been told to "Turn off the Volume limits" 
Docuware 7.x does not support auto volume switching or sizing.....

It is annoying that we take steps forward and backward at the same time.
With the volumes being separated it was very fast and very easy to backup volumes of data. 
We instruct our users to back up the COMPLETE volumes with a keep forever status in backup system.  
Once that is done there is very little reason to parse thru those directories every single day.

You can decide how to manage records on those volumes that get updated.  I have built reports for clients that show which volumes have records that have been modified over the MONTH/QUATER/YEAR and they go back and recreate backups for those volumes and then take them off the daily/weekly routines.

For the most part larger clients do not have large deposits of active records,  I would say that less than one half of any repository is active and the rest is library, stored and kept for everyone's reference. I understand the focus on front end and saving time but the backend is important as well. Managing storage is critical when you consider large repositories. 

I have clients will eighty million or more pages in Docuware.  There is no reason to review and backup 80,000,000 pages every day/week/month etc unless they really have changed.  There are products that will help with this. Double Take was one that we used for a while. I have seen clients use snapshot and LUN backups and learning to manage those is different but very effective once it is in place and watched over.  
Good luck!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.