Documents imported, scanned, or printed via DocuWare Desktop apps do not index correctly. When one click indexing is utilized it returns number and symbols.
Broken textshot can cause documents which were brought into DocuWare via desktop apps to be read incorrectly. You can set the value" UseOcrForNativepdf" to true which forces a brand new textshot to be created.
For DocuWare 7.3, 7.4, Cloud:
1. Navigate to the Text and Barcode Recognition module, located on the Configurations page:
2. Scroll to the bottom and click on "More Options"
3. Click the "+" sign at the bottom then with the drop down select "UseOcrForNativePdf"
4.Enter the value "true". After this is saved, attempt to process a few more documents and make sure they're being indexed correctly.
For DocuWare 6.12 - 7.2
1. The file which needs to be adjusted is located in.C:\Program Files (x86)\DocuWare\Desktop. You want to find and open the file name "DocuWare.DesktopService.exe.config".
2. When you open the file you want to find the app settings key named "UseOcrForNativePdf"
3. The default value is "false", you want to change this value to "true" then save your changes.
4. Once the changes have been made and saved you must restart the DocuWare Desktop Application and service for the change to take affect.
5. After the restart you should attempt to process a few more documents and make sure they're being indexed correctly.