Publicado Fri, 12 Mar 2021 20:58:39 GMT por Elaine Thomson McCarter Grespan Beynon Weir Professional Corp Manager Legal Operations
When we import documents into DocuWare from Windows Explorer, the document retains the original name.  How can we prevent this? This causes problems when emailing and re-using documents. Is there a way for the document to retain the DocuWare name, rather than the original Windows document name?
Publicado Wed, 17 Mar 2021 12:27:06 GMT por Craig Heintz SE
Referencing v7.3 here:
There is no rename check box in DocuWare.

You can however, choose the index field that will represent the document name in the Cabinet field area.

Also, if you have Workflow or a Cloud account you can set up a simple workflow for every new document to rename the field you set for the file name to any variation of fields.  As an example:
Invoice Number = 1234
Customer Number =ABCD
Document Type = Invoice

Output can be made to ... Invoice_1234_ABCD
Publicado Mon, 21 Mar 2022 06:04:20 GMT por Amir Fard Paytec IT Helpdesk
I have taken this advice. Files were scanned in as "CopierBrand_date.pdf" and this is what is shown in the bottom left of the viewer. I have created a simple workflow to concatenate four indexes into a field called "document name"and set this index as the "document name"in database fields. (field1_field2_field3_field4.pdf)

If I download one document, the new document name is the file name of the document (field1_field2_field3_field4.pdf), if I multi select, the files come down zipped and have the original file name of "CopierBrand_date.pdf"

Do you have any clues?
Publicado Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:50:35 GMT por Lucia Barron Programador
Maybe it takes the name with which it was saved the first time, the name that is saved in the .dwx file of each document saved on the platform, and whenever a multiple selection is made, it takes the name of the first selected file and since you compress it maybe the method uses the name that comes in that .dwx file unlike when you only download one document at a time, maybe you should use a request to download more than one file and not change the name

You must be signed in to post in this forum.