Publicado Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:09:37 GMT por David Blake Ricoh USA Sr. Solution Integrator
In search or workflow, there is a standard limit of 100 results per page.  Is there a way to expand that number to like maybe 1000?
Publicado Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:15:10 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
David,
No. The page view is limited to 100 lines. There is no way to change it.

Phil Robson
Publicado Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:21:17 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
David,

Do note that if you define a Folder, it will list everything that matches the Folder criteria in one screen. In this fashion you can get over the 100-record limit, but it also means pages can tend to load rather slowly if there are thousands of records...

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:38:10 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Joe makes a very good point. From my side, I am interested in why 1 page of 12,000 records is more desirable than 12 pages of 100 records?
The reason for wanting this behavior is of interest. Of course, if you had it the next problem would be how long it takes to load a result list with a million entries on one page - if it ever loaded.
So what is the use case here?

Phil Robson
Publicado Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:47:12 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Phil,

Just off the top of my head, the use case could simply be that a certain business has natural chunks of N number of documents that is greater than 100 but less than, say, 2000. I can't think of why that would be, but can understand that certain queries (especially if Workflow or Task related) might always end up returning a number of records greater than 100 but less than 10,000. Having a pager limit of something higher than 100 would make sense, then.

But by and large, web-based clients tend to offer pager limits that are lower than higher, like 50, 75, and 100. That being said, I have loaded Folders with 2000-3000 documents and they load acceptably. Options of 500 and 1000 per page could be offered, at least in on-premise installations where the additional resources to present that data are all local.

I can see why a lower pager limit is desirable when it comes to a multi-tenant cloud situation -- you want the server to be as piecemeal as possible so larger chunks of data don;t start to bog things down.

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Thu, 16 Jan 2020 22:18:26 GMT por David Blake Ricoh USA Sr. Solution Integrator
Thanks Phil and Joe,

You've made perfect sense why there is this is limited to 100 per page.

I will continue this discussion with another request, to search within Workflow.

Thank you,
David

You must be signed in to post in this forum.