Publicado Wed, 27 Dec 2017 16:31:26 GMT por Joseph Brawley Desktop Admin

Hello,

I'm looking to setup a log config that allows me to trace back which user deletes a file from any file cabinet. I know without a full DB restore there is no way to recover the deleted file but I'd like to be able to trace which user and at what time they deleted a document. Is this possible?

Thank you so much! 

-Joe

Publicado Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:08:10 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Joe,

I am fairly certain you can do this. Start by checking out:

http://help.docuware.com/en/#b57864t59291n79768

I set up logging for all index changes across all our file cabinets, sending the relevant information to a single table within the database (on-premise). I even wrote an auto-job in Foxpro that then accesses the data and emails me with any index changes manually performed on data (it happens very, very rarely since we got barcoding working better).

I wish I could recall the steps to setting up such logs (because it isn't exactly a trivial task), but hopefully the knowledge base or another poster can point you to a better web page (because I know there is something out there because I used it as a template for what I was trying to do).

The main spot to perform configuration and play around is under the DocuWare Admin tool, <file cabinet> --> Options --> Logging.

Good luck!

Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.