Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2019 01:54:39 GMT by Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager

I have an autoindex issue where when trying to map a date to a column in my data source (csv) with a date, the "Fill With" option does not give the option to fill with a field, only Fixed or System Entry.  Has anyone figured out how to get this to work?  This is a crucial part of my implimentation/migratioin as the client needs the modified date of the files to come accross.  

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/autoindex_cant_find_date.png

Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2019 02:45:00 GMT by Josef Zayats

Micahel,

The data types of the column in your file connection for the CSV file AND Docuware field you're adssigning data to - the two must match. Most likely, your column in the File Connection is defined as text, and can't be matched to a date column of the File Cabinet. The option for assigning Field in the Fill With would not even appear if the data types do not match. This applies for dates and numeric data types.

So it looks like you need to adjust your File Connection definition for the CSV file to assign Type=Date instead of Text to the column..

You must be signed in to post in this forum.