Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 16:57:36 GMT by Aaron Fincham Solutions Sales Analyst
I'm trying to see if there is a way to auto-fill an index field (Employee Full Name) from two index fields (Employee First Name, Employee Last Name), similar to the concatenate feature in Excel. I'm trying to reduce the number of entries the user has to make when storing a file. I am wanting the Employee Full Name index field as it is a little more friendly to the eye when viewing results lists and is better for list views as well.

Just curious if there is a way to do this within Auto-Index or some other native feature. I am assuming it could ultimately be done through a workflow, but that seems like a lot of work for something so simple.
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:25:06 GMT by Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Aaron,&nbsp;<br> <br> honestly, I would just configure a one-step workflow for this. Autoindex is not capable of this.<br> So you can just use one "assign data" step in a workflow with an arithmetic expression to join the strings together.<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,&nbsp;<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 15:35:35 GMT by Craig Heintz SE
This can be done in AutoIndex however you will have to make a SQL script that connects to the file cabinet and concatenates the fields into a new column value.&nbsp; Then you may choose that column to populate the field of choice.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.