Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2018 14:53:54 GMT by Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

We have a client that has asked an interesting question. I am not 100% sure it can be done so I thought I would put it here. They have student records that they choose to share with administration but they want to have expiration of view. So, if they have a student that needs review, they would share that students file with the admin staff and teach but want it to expire after a certain amount of time. Would this be possible?

Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2018 18:30:27 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
You can do this. There are some strict rules that you must adhere to for it to work.

Setup.
Each user that is to partake in the "Expired View" process must not be in any role or group other than the Expired View Role.
Create your Expired View role, adding the required users.
Create a Date field in the file cabinet "Show Until".
Create a Search Dialog called "Show Me Search". Add the Expired View Role only to this Search.
Create a Result List called "Show Me Result" and allocate it to the "Show Me Search". Add the Expired View Role to the Result.
Create an Index Profile called "Show Until". Filter this profile with the field "Show Until" Is(Where clause) > CURRENTDATE().
Check only the Search and Display document boxes. Add the Expired View role to this profile.
Create a Custom Profile called "Show Until2". No rights boxes at all are to be checked. Add the Expired View role to this custom profile.

When a document is to be shared, either by searching, or by sending a document link, then the user sharing the document should edit the index entries and enter a date appropriate to the vewing window. The user in the Expired View role will only be able to see, or search, or click the supplied link while the View Until date is greater than the current date.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas.

Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2018 19:44:30 GMT by Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

This is great! Thank you, Phil. Much appreciated.

Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2018 19:51:59 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I did forget to mention that if the user is supplied a document link, and the view window expires, then instead of a document, they will be presented with an empty search dialog. Just something to keep in mind. Sadly, there is no way to give the user a message that the view window has expired.

Phil.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.