Publié Fri, 16 Nov 2018 17:27:51 GMT par Nathan French ComDoc Systems Analyst

There's a chance I'm being daft.  But I can't figure this out.  

I know the select lists exist for Users, Groups, and Roles, but I am looking for a way to get a select list of only the users in one certain group.  This will be used in the store dialog, and it will be a way to assign a document to someone in that group for review.  

In workflow, there's an easy way to choose "user of a group" in a task form field, but what I'm trying to do is put this in the Store dialog instead, so that requires a select list to be used.

The pic attached is as close as I've come.  But I really don't think anything in there is going to help me.

Am I missing something dumb, or is there simply not a way?

Thanks for insights!
--Nate

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/Users%20of%20a%20group.png

Publié Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:29:35 GMT par Tim Ohm

If you can enable the SQL command, you can specify a query to a certain group.  I split it onto multiple lines so you can read it, but I think it will need to be a one liner.  If that isn't available...you could make a view from the same query, which should then show up in the table dropdown.  In theory anyway.

select dwuser.name from dwusertogroup

inner join dwgroup on dwgroup.gid = dwusertogroup.gid

inner join dwuser on dwuser.uid = dwusertogroup.uid

where dwusertogroup.gid = <yourgroupid>

Publié Tue, 20 Nov 2018 14:15:16 GMT par Nathan French ComDoc Systems Analyst

That seems like an elegant solution, thanks.  But this is on a cloud system, so I have no access to the database.

Publié Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:22:00 GMT par Nathan French ComDoc Systems Analyst

I now am doing the same thing on an on-premise system.  I made a view for each group I needed based on the SQL you posted.  It works very well.

Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.