Publié Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:44:27 GMT par Petar Georgiev

Dear all,

I have the following situation with one of our clients:

They are using NAV to create documents and indexes for these documents. With DocuWare Import they are importing the image of the document in DocuWare and after that, using Autoindex, they fill in all the indexes in DocuWare. Sounds good, and works. But where is the problem - they have more than milion records in NAV, and are creating thousands of records every week (sometimes even thousands of records every day). Also, their server is heavy loaded. So they need to decide how to:

1. Read only the new records in NAV, by DocuWare Autoindex (not thousands of them);

2. Mark successfully processed records (by DocuWare Autoindex) in NAV so they don't need to be read again(this will be the best option);

I created an additional field in NAV database, which I can use as marker (1 - successfully processed, 0 - not processed). Created Autoindex which reads records in NAV, marked as 0. Then created second Autoindex, which reads records in DocuWare, newer than 1 day, and for them, updates the marker in NAV from 0 to 1. 

In this situation client has two Autoindex processes for one function. As I wrote, their server is heavy loaded and runing several autoindex processes at the same time is not OK. 

So, after these boring explanations, I want to ask You if You have any idea, how to manage this situation with less server load and more accuracy, because in my configuration, if the second Autoindex fail for some reason, there will be no sign in NAV.

I am waiting for your ideas.

Best Regards,

Petar

Publié Fri, 02 Nov 2018 14:52:03 GMT par Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Dear Petar,

this should all be possible with one Autoindex Job. Autoindex can write to the external database also and set the new field to 1 if the data was assigned to a DocuWare document. In the newer versions (version 7) of Autoindex this is in the tab "Write back".

With DocuWare version 7 you should maybe think about switching to an event based Autoindex. In this case, there is just a small query executed whenever a new document matches the trigger. The load should be much less, than if you do a complete database query for all relevant data entries.

I hope this helps.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.