Publié Fri, 07 May 2021 20:28:36 GMT par Marc Elkin Creative Director
I need ability to store files in a watch folder but to dynamically store into a folder thats by a specific folder name in the watch folder.

example:

drag a folder 123456-00 with 4 files in into a watch folder thats set to store in specfic cabinet and store in cabinet folder 123456-00.

all it does is store into the tray. Can docuware identify the folder name and store its files into that?

Thanx!
Publié Mon, 10 May 2021 08:13:41 GMT par Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Marc,
if I understand you correctly this should be possible. There are two ways of dealing with folder names in DocuWare Import:
  1. Decide where to store based on folder name
    In this case you need to activate "Select configuration automatically as specified on "Processing" " on the "Source" tab and then switch to the "Processing" tab to select the area "Identification". You can then select the folder name as an identification option. Additionally the target file cabinet is selected on the "Target" tab.
  2. Use the folder name as index entry
    For every index field in a file cabinet you can select the folder name and event the parent folder name. You have to click on the plus icon below the index field and choos "Dynamic entry", then you can choose the folder name.
I hope this helps
Reagrds
Tobias Getz

You must be signed in to post in this forum.