What is required to run Intelligent Indexing service on an OnPremise system?
*Note: The installation of an Intelligent Indexing On Premise System is not part of the standard support package. If you need assistance, please contact your DocuWare Partner or our Professional Services Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). For installations on systems which do not fulfill our software requirements the support is rejected.
1. Hardware requirements
We recommend to install Intelligent Indexing OnPremise on a separate server, with following Hardware:
- QuadCore processor (for instance Intel Core i5)
- 8 GB RAM
- Ca. 1 GB Hard disk space per 100,000 processed document pages
2. Software requirements (information from Intelligent Indexing guide)
For the usage of Intelligent Indexing OnPremise, the following software is needed:
- Operating system Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- MS SQL Server 2014 Express
- Java SE Runtime Environment 7 or 8
- Apache Tomcat 7.0
- Apache SolR 4.9.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.5
Apart from installation of the operating operating system, installation of all other components are described in the installation guide (see point 6.). All above mentioned components except the operating system can be freely obtained at no cost.
3. Supported DocuWare Versions
Intelligent Indexing requires, that the DocuWare Version is 6.1 or higher. We recommend using DocuWare Version 6.7 or higher.
4. Discrepancy from hardware and software requirements
Intelligent Indexing OnPremise was tested with the described hard- and software requirements. While we found, that it was possible to run Intelligent Indexing OnPremise with other addon software versions successfully, there were many time-consuming adaptations required and substantial changes to the installation guide required. For this reason, we will only provide support for the indicated software versions.
5. Why should Intelligent Indexing run on a separate server?
- Both DocuWare and Intelligent Indexing are applications that need substantial CPU and RAM performance of the system, when both DocuWare and Intelligent Indexing are on the same server was degraded and not considered acceptable.
- If the same software components are used (especially the DocuWare database and SolR), an upgrade of the DocuWare software on the server would likely require time-consuming adaptations in the Intelligent Indexing installation.
- Maintenance on the Intelligent Indexing installation can require the stop and restart of the DocuWare Services on the same server.
6. Where can I find the Intelligent Indexing OnPremise installation guide?
You can find the Intelligent Indexing installation guide here: Intelligent Indexing (OnPrem) - Download.