投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:30:05 GMT 、投稿者 Scott Steele Ricoh USA
Have a field [Record Type] within a Result Dialog that is locked down to a specific "select list" and enabled option "the use can only use entries from the select list to set the field".

When the document is stored, the field [Record Type] is allowed to be blank.

After the document is scanned, during a validation process, the expected behavior I was looking for was that when the end user opens the document from the Result Dialog and edits the data, when trying to save, the user would be prompted to enter a valid entry for [Record Type].

That is not was is happening, the index data can be saved without updating the [Record Type] field.

Why is the record allowed to be updated without a valid [Record Type] entry?
投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:35:45 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Scott,
You have not indicated the version, but let's assume 6.12 or 7. A field can only be mandatory when it is set at the database level with those versions. Now, since you allow no entry at storage, that not empty flag is not set. Therefore, the only way the select list rules will apply is if the user actually enters some data in that field. If they don't touch it and leave it empty then the rules are being followed.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:39:11 GMT 、投稿者 Scott Steele Ricoh USA
I am sorry, version is 6.12.

So IF a bogus value is set during the STORE process, then the rule would apply when EDITING the record?
投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:46:15 GMT 、投稿者 Scott Steele Ricoh USA
Also, the database field was not set to be REQUIRED.
投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:46:48 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

If you do not have the value must be from select list set at storage then you can enter any rubbish you want. Without testing the specific behavior of whether the field is empty or contains an invalid entry I'm not sure what happens during editing, but I suspect that if the field is empty it will be ignored, because of the must not be empty (required) flag is not set. The bogus entry may be trapped.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:57:43 GMT 、投稿者 Scott Steele Ricoh USA
I made the following changes:

Made the database field [Record Type] = REQUIRED
STORE Dialog does not restrict the value of [Record Type], but does require a value. I entered "imported".
RESULT DIALOG restricts [Record Type] to select list, ("imported" IS NOT a valid entry per the select list) and the "The user can only use entries from the select list to set the field" is ENABLED.

When I edit the document and metadata, I changed another index value, but left the [Record Type] field = "imported", then selected SAVE. I was NOT prompted that [Record Type] was invalid.

What allows to SAVE the record with an invalid entry for [Record Type]? What makes DocuWare think "imported" is part of the select list?
投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:11:14 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Are you testing as the File Cabinet Owner? If so you will never be restricted. Test as a user.
I just finished testing.

Store document unrestricted with bogus entry.
Edit document, make no change to field with bogus entry (don't touch it).
Document saves even though the bogus entry still exists. This is because the field has not been changed so it is not tested.
Edit the document again, this time try to enter another bogus value. Document cannot be stored.

also, be sure to test as a user and not as the file cabinet owner. Owners are not restricted in many ways.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:48:15 GMT 、投稿者 Scott Steele Ricoh USA
Tested per your instructions. One method works, another does not.

WORKING method:
  • User Settings : Viewer = "Always show DocuWare Viewer in same window"
  • Store document with bogus entry for field = [Record Type]
  • Via context menu, "Edit index entries"
  • Update field = [Record Type] to another bogus value
  • SAVE, error message = Value invalid, document cannot be saved
NON WORKING method
  • User Settings : Viewer = "Open DocuWare Viewer with index dialog in new window"
  • Open document (in new window)
  • SAVE, NO error message, window with document and data closes, no change in data

Why? Shouldn't both methods work?
投稿済み Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:52:42 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Aahhh. I recall that problem in 6.12. The second method with  the index fields in the viewer is working too, it is just not giving an error message.
Have you installed the latest 6.12 service pack?

Phil Robson

投稿済み Tue, 23 Apr 2019 03:03:30 GMT 、投稿者 Scott Steele Ricoh USA
Applied latest Hotfix Pack 2019-03-27

NON WORKING method
  • User Settings : Viewer = "Open DocuWare Viewer with index dialog in new window"
  • Open document (in new window)
  • SAVE, NO error message, window with document and data closes, no change in data
Still a problem with this method.

投稿済み Tue, 23 Apr 2019 08:15:00 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

As I said, the only problem is that there is no error message issued to the user. Otherwise it if failing to update as it should. The issue is fixed in DocuWare 7.

Phil Robson

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。