投稿済み Thu, 24 May 2018 12:22:08 GMT 、投稿者 Shane Hunt Service Manager

I am wondering what's the best way to process packing lists with multiple PO's? There are a lot of different packing lists and some have several PO's that need to be matched up. How are other people doing this task?

投稿済み Thu, 24 May 2018 12:39:00 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Can you have two file cabinets, one for POs and one for Packing Lists and then link them on PO number? Is this a one-to-many, as in, a packing list can relate to one-to-many POs, but a PO will have one and only one packing list? If so, then you can make a linkage such that when a packing list is being viewed, there is a link to display related POs (of which there may one or more). 

This may require indexing all the PO documents with some sort of packing list ID, or adding a Keyword type field to the packing list to house multiple POs (I tihnk a linkage can be set up with a Keyword field, but I am not entirely sure -- we played with it a while back but I can't recall how well it worked, or didn't work).

We go in both directions when it coles to payables and checks. We have a file cabinet for each, and if you are viewing an AP invoice, you can link to the check that paid it, and if you are viewing a check you can link to the AP invoices it pays (which is one-to-many). To get this working, we have a check number and check date field on the AP invoice record that we populate after the fact via a behind-the-scenes automated task which gathers data to add to the AP file cabinet and then uses the Platform Service API to populate the check number and date so linkages then work.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Tue, 29 May 2018 14:17:40 GMT 、投稿者 Shane Hunt Service Manager

Would I need an index field for each PO on the packing slip in order to link them?

投稿済み Tue, 29 May 2018 14:35:00 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Shane,

If the relationship is one-to-many, you need a single index field on the "one" side, and multiple indexes on the "many" side (EDIT: Oops, I have that backwards -- on a one-to-many the "one" side would need multiple fields to link to multiple "children", and the "many" side would just need a single field to link back to the "parent"...).

As I stated previously, you could use a Keyword index field to store multiple PO numbers and see how that works, and then on the PO side you could have a field for packing slip ID, or whatever combination of fields makes a packing slip unique. I can't tell you the best way to go about it since I don't fully understand the data relationships in play.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。