This is a bit of a weird bug to try to describe, but we have tried a lot of fixes already.
Note: Disabling Connect to Outlook fixes the problem or using safemode fixes the problem.
We are running DocuWare 188.8.131.529, this did work before we applied the latest hotfix.
This past weekend I was in the process of backing up one of our Exchange accounts, as we usually don't let it grow past 3 months of data. During this time, several folders were backed up and removed from the exchange server. My system is currently the only one who can access the larger folders. All of the affected folders have close to 5000+ emails with attachments Note only 4 of 14 or so crash Outlook. It is noticeable by verifying the file size of the OST file that the systems are not syncing completely on all the other machines. Current OST file should be 7.8GBs, while others have varying sizes from 5GB to 16GB depending on when it last synced.
Windows 7 64 bit w/32 bit Office 2016 build 1802 (latest) Connect to DocuWare v6.12.618 (3 systems)
Windows 7 64 bit w/32 bit Office 2016 build 1802 (latest) Connect to DocuWare v6.12.626 (4 systems)
Windows 10 64 bit w/32 bit Office 2016 build 1801 Connect to DocuWare v6.12.618 (0 systems, upgraded to 1802)
Windows 10 64 bit w/32 bit Office 2016 build 1802 (latest) Connect to DocuWare v6.12.618 (0 systems, upgraded to 626)
Windows 10 64 bit w/32 bit Office 2016 build 1802 (latest) Connect to DocuWare v6.12.626 (0 system, upgraded to 64 bit Office)
Windows 10 64 bit w/64 bit Office 2016 build 1802 (latest) Connect to DocuWare v6.12.626 (1 systems)
Windows 10 64 bit w/64 bit Office 2016 build 1802 (latest) Connect to DocuWare v6.12.626 (Working System)
All systems excluding the last do not work when accessing the larger folders. All systems work when enable safe mode. Regardless of which version of Office, note no other addins are enabled during testing, just Connect to Outlook 6.12.xxx
We narrowed it down to the configuration for a watch folder called 7501 that was connected to the one of our admin's user names. They have access to several of our exchange accounts, but it was tired directly to their pop3 account. Connect to Outlook, made 7501 folders in all email inboxes on their account. Since several of the exchange accounts are shared. Connect to outlook tied to our support exchange account. From here all parties using this one exchange account were affected (running Outlook 2016) by not being able to get being able to view the larger folders.
We have tried to compact the databases, allow them to sync for several days to get caught up with the large amount of changes. This had no affect.
We have reinstalled DocuWare Apps, Reinstalled Office 2016, upgraded Office from 32 bit to 64 bit.
We have reset the user's Outlook Profiles, we have deleted the exchange account and re-enabled it.
We have disabled cache mode, and re enabled it.
All of this causes the same error when Connect to DocuWare is setup to watch a folder in configurations. Disabling the Watch folder doesn't seem to stop the error from happening.