Veröffentlicht Wed, 26 Jul 2023 01:46:27 GMT von Elton Santos
Hi,

My name is Elton Santos, I have signed up for a trial experience to ensure the system/application is suitable for our company needs.

I was going through the Rest API documentation, and I came across with a few questions.

1 - Can I change the call response to be in JSON format rather than XML?  

2 - The image attached shows a PDF with a few information such as ProductKey, Name, StartDate, Does the Rest API/any Endpoint allow to extract this information from the document without the necessity of download the entire document?

Thank you kindly,
Elton Santos
Veröffentlicht Wed, 26 Jul 2023 08:57:42 GMT von Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Elton Santos,

the best way to explore our REST API is using the provided Postman collection from Postman collection | DocuWare SDK Documentation
Also you can use the DocuWare Platform itself to explore the the structure and browse the data: [name].docuware.cloud/docuware/platform

And I will try to answer your questions:
  1. You should be able to change the output format by adding a header "Accept" with the value "application/json" to your request. Have a look at the Postman Collection.
  2. That depends what data this is and how you store it in DocuWare. From what I understand this is the content of one PDF file. Is this correct?
    1. Now one possibility is to store this data in an index field called "Table" during storage of the document. This way you can easily retrieve the data as index data without downloading the whole file. Intelligent Indexing should help recognizing the data and stroing it in the table.
      The respective URL to download the information would be:  [name].docuware.cloud/docuware/platform/FileCabinets/[FileCabinetId]/Documents/[DocumentId]
    2. If you do not store the data in a table during storage (or any time afterwards) then you could potentially download the so called "textshot". The textshot contains all text content of the document together with location information on the page of the document. 
      This makes it more complicated to get the text information as you have to remove all unneeded data from the textshot. Also the textshot is available per section (A section is one file of a document as documents can consist of multiple files in DocuWare). The call would look like this: [name].docuware.cloud/docuware/platform/FileCabinets/[FileCabinetId]/Sections/[Section]/Textshot
I hope this helps for the first start.

Regards
Tobias Getz
Team Leader Product Management
DocuWare GmbH

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.