Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2019 21:21:03 GMT by Nathan French ComDoc Systems Analyst

I'm noticing in cloud 7.1 systems that the data file used in a file connection can be locked somehow, and therefore cannot be updated.  Here's a transcript of an FTP session (in FileZilla) to the data directory.  The destination directory already contains "File_Connection_1.csv" which now needs to be updated with new information.  (Actual path names are redacted - "unique_directory_characters" replaces the actual string of characters for this cloud system.)

Status:      Starting upload of /path/to/document/File_Connection_1.csv
Command:   CWD /unique_directory_characters/data
Response:  250 OK. Current directory is /unique_directory_characters/data
Command:   TYPE I
Response:  200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command:   PASV
Response:  227 Entering Passive Mode (40,122,29,90,157,205)
Command:   STOR File_Connection_1.csv
Response:  553 Can't open that file: Device or resource busy
Error:        Critical file transfer error

I think I locked this file when I was double-checking the columns for the file connection in the Administration tool, but the lock is still in place for quite a long time, it's been more than 4 hours now.  How can I get this lock to be released?  

The only alternative seems to be create a new autoindex job pointing to a new file connection using a renamed copy of this updated file.  I have done this as a workaround in the systems where this is happening, so there is no currently open or waiting issue.

Two questions:
- Is this the expected behavior?
- How long is this file lock supposed to exist?

Thanks,
Nate

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2019 21:32:24 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Seems  like a support issue to me. I do not have the answers to your questions. It could be that Autoindex if holding the lock. This has happened before.
Please report it.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.