Posted Tue, 28 May 2019 17:09:48 GMT by Bernie Svitko
Put in a Service Ticket with our provider on this, but thought while waiting for them to get back to us, which can take a few days, I figured I'd present this here.  When printing from a document tray, Internet Explorer opens a new tab  but the document does not display, it only shows a blank page. It works in Chrome. Also, I can send as an email and download the doc and select open and all works. Did a quick search and could not find anything on this. No new updates were applied to the workstation (this happens with all workstations) or the server. I applied new windows updates to my workstation and there was no improvement. We are at version 6.12.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2019 17:31:28 GMT by Josef Zayats
Bernie,
sounds like your Internet Explorer plug-in for your PDF viewer is not working properly. Typically this can be fixed by uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2019 14:16:39 GMT by Bernie Svitko

Update

Our Service Rep called and advised us to follow your recommendations.

I was one of those that could not print from a Doc Tray. As suggested, I removed then reinstalled Adobe Reader. Printing from the Doc Tray was reestablished (for a while). I then installed DW on a laptop and could not print from a Doc Tray. I uninstalled Adobe Reader then reinstalled it but still could not print. I then uninstalled Reader, rebooted the laptop, then reinstalled Reader. Still could not print. I even used Adobe’s cleaner and still have the problem. Went back to my workstation and test printing again and could not print from a Doc Tray once again. Uninstalled and reinstalled Reader but still can’t print. The only way that I could print was to go into IE add-ons and disable The Adobe Reader add-on. The only thing is that when the document comes up, it is blacked out but the print screen comes up and I am able to print the document. Once the document is printed, and the print box closes the document appears as normal. I have discovered that if Adobe reader is enabled and I try to print from the Doc Tray, I get the blank page as before, but if I then refresh the screen, the page loads normally.

Checked with another staff having the same problem, and after removing and reinstalling Adobe Reader, no change, but the refresh corrects the problem.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.