Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2019 10:59:57 GMT by Martin Kreft
Hello.

I have to add some index values to a list.
in SQL i would serch like this:
SELECT DISTINCT <indexfield> IN dwdata.dbo.<archive> where <serch condition>

How can i do this with the API?
A search with a DocumentsQueryResult is too slow because it  returns to many documents with the same index value, which I want to add to my list only once.
I can't limit the search with DialogExpressionConditions far enough.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:07:42 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
The DocuWare API does not provide direct database access. In an On-Premise system you would have to write your own connection and query using standard programming tools.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:19:44 GMT by Martin Kreft
Thanks for your answer, but thats not what i wanted to say.

The query is just an example of how I would try to get my data over SQL.

How can i get the Same result with the API?

I need a fast way to create a list of Indexdata.

To process the single documents of a DocumentsQueryResult is way to slow for my needs.
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2020 15:33:33 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Martin,
this post is old, but could you figure it out? If not I would be interested in understand what is slow, and why you think, that you cannot limit it far enough. Do you just need the data from a single column? Or just the data like it is shown in a select list?
Posted Mon, 03 Feb 2020 07:05:51 GMT by Martin Kreft

A customer always has several documents in his DocuWare, which are linked with a file number.
I need to use the API to create a list of all file numbers to which documents with a certain status are assigned.
This can quickly lead to a large amount of data to be evaluated, because a query via the API does not allow something like DISTINKT (as in SQL).
If you have to process a document list with 300 documents, it will be quite slow.
In the meantime I switched to SQL out of necessity.

Posted Fri, 07 Feb 2020 12:40:18 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Hi Martin,
I do not know how you want to access this, but basically it sounds like you want to have a filtered select list. With the help of the platform (REST) it would work like this:
Make a REST call for the select list to get the whole select list

https://[server]/DocuWare/Platform/FileCabinets/[File Cabinet GUID]/Query/SelectListExpression?dialogId=[Dialog GUID]&fieldName=CONTACT

To filter the select list you have to add some body (to the REST call) with the query condition e.g.

{"ValuePrefix":"","Limit":100,"Typed":true,"ExcludeExternal":true,"DialogExpression":{"Operation":"And","Condition":[{"DBName":"DOCUMENTTYPE","Value":["\"Photo\""]}]}}

I hope this makes it clearer.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.